Smith Training Equipment invented the Safety Self-Healing Breakaway Tire in 1997 after witnessing many accidents and injuries in dogs who mistimed their take-off through a stationary tire. The Safety Tire is designed to open or “break apart” when hit by a dog and closes itself afterward using magnets at the break. The tire is made from lightweight waterproof foam which is strong enough to withstand wear and tear, but soft enough to prevent injury to even small dogs. This tire has since been accepted as regulation by both the AAC and USDAA and is now the default tire used in almost all agility associations.
SAFETY BREAKAWAY FOAM TIRE
$225.00 CAD (tire only)
$495.00 CAD Steel frame
$550.00 CAD Aluminum frame
Features of the Safety Self-Healing Breakaway Tire:
- Made of lightweight waterproof foam
- Available in 20″ and 24″ diameters
- Fully adjustable to all regulation jump heights
- Powder-coated welded steel or aluminum tubular frame for durability
- Available in a variety of colour combinations
- Lightweight and easy to assemble/disassemble for transportation and storage
Taxes are NOT included in the posted price.
This item is not available without powder coating.